Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Manufacturers > X-Power R/C

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012.01.14, 01:26 AM   #16
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver
 
yasuji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: southern calfornia
Posts: 1,505
Send a message via AIM to yasuji Send a message via Yahoo to yasuji
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPowerRC View Post
i hope so... the Mini Z community has already passed thru periods with similar issues (Atomic & PN Racing specifically) so i'm sure this will pass as well. we've already carved our place in the dNano market as many already know and we plan to do the same in the Mini Z market. since you're sponsored by PN Racing, i don't suppose i could expect an objective discussion from you so....we'll leave it at that. thanks for your feedback!
as i have owned an aftermarket parts and performance company myself MATSUSHIMA PERFORMANCE and EKG EXHAUST SYSTEMS in the past
there is not a chance i would copy a YOSHIMURA RACING TITANIUM ex to the "T" and make it out of a different grade of titanium and call it an EKG EXHAUST
ID be laughed out of an industry far bigger than the mini-z community!
__________________

Grant "Yasuji" Matsushima

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

yasuji is offline  
Old 2012.01.14, 01:29 AM   #17
XPowerRC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by soimthatguy View Post
All of us respect Reflex/Kyosho/PN equally because they have original products that stands out for that company. Only bullying is coming from your company. Taking another company's design, claim it as your own innovative design, and trying to make money off it.
as a consumer, i understand your position. as a manufacturer, distributor & retailer i have a different point of view. microsoft lost is a bid to discourage competition. the same should happen for those who think they have the power to intimidate 'the little guy' #jmho
XPowerRC is offline  
Old 2012.01.14, 01:37 AM   #18
XPowerRC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasuji View Post
as i have owned an aftermarket parts and performance company myself MATSUSHIMA PERFORMANCE and EKG EXHAUST SYSTEMS in the past
there is not a chance i would copy a YOSHIMURA RACING TITANIUM ex to the "T" and make it out of a different grade of titanium and call it an EKG EXHAUST
ID be laughed out of an industry far bigger than the mini-z community!
so the community should laugh at existing aftermarket companies who make tires for Mini Z because they look just like the slicks from Kyosho? or make dish wheels for 1/8th scale buggys that look just like existing ones by 10 other companies? it seems you don't accept what this business is about if you feel only one manufacturer should be allowed to make a particular product.

aftermarket parts companies make profit from creating something that wasn't their own creation in the first place. some things they do are like the OEM but do you see Kyosho complaining? they're confident about their product and so should any other company be if they feel they're satisfying customers.

as i said in a previous statement, we're only looking for an opportunity. those that are willing to give us that, will. those who are not, won't. simple.
XPowerRC is offline  
Old 2012.01.14, 01:54 AM   #19
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver
 
yasuji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: southern calfornia
Posts: 1,505
Send a message via AIM to yasuji Send a message via Yahoo to yasuji
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPowerRC View Post
so the community should laugh at existing aftermarket companies who make tires for Mini Z because they look just like the slicks from Kyosho? or make dish wheels for 1/8th scale buggys that look just like existing ones by 10 other companies? it seems you don't accept what this business is about if you feel only one manufacturer should be allowed to make a particular product.
im not saying this at all! this is where u fail to understand!
really?visually? can u not see the similarity in the 2 products?



Quote:
Originally Posted by XPowerRC View Post
as i said in a previous statement, we're only looking for an opportunity. those that are willing to give us that, will. those who are not, won't. simple.
there are some products that is just to hard to change from there stock form.... but if i look at a picture of an pn mr02 knuckel and a kyosho mr02 stock knuckle i can tell a visual difference
__________________

Grant "Yasuji" Matsushima

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

yasuji is offline  
Old 2012.01.14, 02:01 AM   #20
XPowerRC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasuji View Post
really? visually? can u not see the similarity in the 2 products?
we have over 200 products available across dnano & mini z and you're concerned only about ONE?


Quote:
Originally Posted by yasuji View Post
there are some products that is just to hard to change from there stock form....
so no one should make it because its just like stock? pn changes a color, adds their label and that's ok, but if we do it, its not??
XPowerRC is offline  
Old 2012.01.14, 02:07 AM   #21
machgo5go
DJ Eddie!
 
machgo5go's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Scary North East
Posts: 1,166
Simple, If this particular part did not look like a clone, no one will complain.
__________________
MRX Mclaren MP-12CGT3 PN 43T LIPO: X2
MR-03 Mclaren MP-12CGT3 AT70T
PN 2.5 Mclaren MP-12CGT3 PN50T
MR-03 S2K Narrow AT60T Nihm
MR-03 BRZ Narrow PN70T Nihm
MR-03 Enzo Ferrari GT Concept Xspeed SP2012
MR-03VE 2005 NSXGT AT 12000KV w/Lipo
MR-02 Nissan R390 GT Lemans 39T PN
AMZ Benz TC 8500KV
X Power IDT Ultra 5600KV Audi
X Power IMT Ultra 6800KV M3
MB-010 FT86 Comic Racer 39T PN
MF-015 Mclaren MP4-25 50T w/Lipo PN
MR-01 Mugen NSX-GT 02 X Speed Retired
dNaNo FX-101MM T2 XANAVI NISMO GT-R

***************************************
MAJ'S HOBBY SHOP " A Place To Escape from Reality"! TD
214 State St. Suite 209
Hackensack, NJ 07601. 201-820-1347
LIVE Mini-Z RACING EVERY Fri at 7 PM.
Outdoor Saturday On Road Racing 1/8GTVE,1/10TC&USGT


DG DESIGNS

machgo5go is offline  
Old 2012.01.14, 02:15 AM   #22
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver
 
yasuji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: southern calfornia
Posts: 1,505
Send a message via AIM to yasuji Send a message via Yahoo to yasuji
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPowerRC View Post
we have over 200 products available across dnano & mini z and you're concerned only about ONE?
a few have mentioned this and i don't feel i need to beat that bush!


Quote:
Originally Posted by XPowerRC View Post
so no one should make it because its just like stock? pn changes a color, adds their label and that's ok, but if we do it, its not??
as far as i can tell i can see the clear physical difference between any pn part next to a kyosho mini-z part
__________________

Grant "Yasuji" Matsushima

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

yasuji is offline  
Old 2012.01.14, 04:18 AM   #23
unearthed name
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 294
Ok, here's a thing. What's the differences between your motor mount and diff parts compared to the pn? You said your product is better, in what way?
unearthed name is offline  
Old 2012.01.14, 04:26 AM   #24
XPowerRC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by unearthed name View Post
Ok, here's a thing. What's the differences between your motor mount and diff parts compared to the pn? You said your product is better, in what way?
i didn't say it was better, i said it has its own characteristics and gives consumers an alternate choice. if ours doesn't suit your preference, buy another or if this particular part in our line doesn't fit your needs, perhaps something else will. all of our aluminum parts use 7075-T6 aluminum and are anodized red, the color particularly is new in the Mini Z optional parts market.
XPowerRC is offline  
Old 2012.01.14, 05:08 AM   #25
XPowerRC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 32
[QUOTE=2.7RS;427465]interesting uhh...analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.7RS View Post
But thanks for starting the discussion to point out that you are copycats. Didn't relize until now...
we are simply another company doing the same thing other companies are doing, products that are new along with some that are variations on those of the OEM and other existing parts manufacturers. as many have privately contacted me and mentioned, we are providing a new choice in this market and we're happy to supply those willing to give us the opportunity. thanks for your post!

Last edited by mleemor60; 2012.01.15 at 08:10 AM.
XPowerRC is offline  
Old 2012.01.14, 06:04 AM   #26
2.7RS
Registered User
 
2.7RS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Norway
Posts: 33
Just thinking. Lets say i go out and buy myself a brand new Porsche. Regular 911.
Then I take it appart piece by piece. 3d-scanning everyrhing. Then I send all my CADs to some metal/alloy machining dudes. Tell them to produce loads of parts. Then I send all the parts to some assembly guys. Tell them to put everything together. Oh. I have to remember electronics and upholstery. No worries there either.
Then I make sure that the.upholstery is pink and the metal parts are puke-green.

Wooha. I have my own brand. Think I'll call i Balle. Then i can sell loads and loads or highly innovative sports cars at a lower price than my competitors.

That should be ok, don't you think? Porsche shouldnt have any problems with that?. Oh, I would have to design a new emblem. Maybe a buffalo in orange would do the trick?
2.7RS is offline  
Old 2012.01.14, 06:10 AM   #27
XPowerRC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.7RS View Post
That should be ok, don't you think? Porsche shouldnt have any problems with that?. Oh, I would have to design a new emblem. Maybe a buffalo in orange would do the trick?
i think you'll find our prices are not lower than industry standards as we use materials that are proven high in quality. we certainly can't prevent someone from doing what you describe but in any case, the process comes at a cost. just like Kyosho, i don't think Porsche is concerned about aftermarket parts companies making optional parts based on their design. its up to the consumer to choose to invest in those products or not.

apparently, i don't have the answer you're looking for so...i'll leave it at that
XPowerRC is offline  
Old 2012.01.14, 09:28 AM   #28
bermbuster
GF Racing
 
bermbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Metro NYC
Posts: 2,959
You know you can prove us all wrong by coming out with some truly innovative components for the Mini Z......
Spend some real money and do the all the work. Field test the components.
Promote and Sponsor a worldwide racing series. Send your components as promotional door prizes for races. This is what I have seen from PN since 2005.
I am a mini z maniac and PN is a business with a PASSION for mini z.
Prove to us that XpowerRC has that PASSION by doing good for the mini z community. Dont be a kopykat and cry monopoly. PN is protecting not only their investment but mine and other racers too.
*hint* it takes years of investing time, money, hard work and sacrifice....
__________________
GF Racing Team Driver
Dream Killr Racing.....Live the Dream
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
bermbuster is offline  
Old 2012.01.14, 09:47 AM   #29
XPowerRC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by bermbuster View Post
*hint* it takes years of investing time, money, hard work and sacrifice....
X-Power's goals is not to prove people participating here wrong about anything. the whole purpose of our statement was simply a response to PN Racing's claims. this thread allows me to respond to consumers directly and hopefully, i've done that sufficiently.

no one said our products would be accepted and used the same as long-standing manufacturers overnight, we understand product loyalty takes time to build. that being said, years of being part of a community doesn't justify their intimidating, competition discouraging business practices and their belief they can do whatever they want because they are 'the biggest' and 'most powerful'.

do you care about your dealers? tell PN Racing to stop intimidating them! is it fair to say we're 'crying' because we're bringing to light their behaviour? is it wrong for dealers to want to give YOU options? or do you like PN Racing deciding what you should and shouldn't have access to?
XPowerRC is offline  
Old 2012.01.14, 10:11 AM   #30
bermbuster
GF Racing
 
bermbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Metro NYC
Posts: 2,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPowerRC View Post
X-Power's goals is not to prove people participating here wrong about anything. the whole purpose of our statement was simply a response to PN Racing's claims. this thread allows me to respond to consumers directly and hopefully, i've done that sufficiently.

no one said our products would be accepted and used the same as long-standing manufacturers overnight, we understand product loyalty takes time to build. that being said, years of being part of a community doesn't justify their intimidating, competition discouraging business practices and their belief they can do whatever they want because they are 'the biggest' and 'most powerful'.

do you care about your dealers? tell PN Racing to stop intimidating them! is it fair to say we're 'crying' because we're bringing to light their behaviour? is it wrong for dealers to want to give YOU options? or do you like PN Racing deciding what you should and shouldn't have access to?
You dont get it do you....
PN is not deciding for us...your parts are copies of PN....
PN is protecting there business and good name. Believe it or not I bet some of the dealers who say they cannot sell your product because of PN is just an easy way out for them not to buy your kopykat parts. The only saving grace here is for the guys who buy your imitations they can always get replacement parts from PN when your no longer selling yours.....

Again your going to say we use superior materials....
Im from Missouri (show me)

Lets see the finite element analysis of both pods......
__________________
GF Racing Team Driver
Dream Killr Racing.....Live the Dream
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
bermbuster is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Mini-Z Racing league wrcracer Tracks and GTGs 22 2007.12.03 09:00 PM
The Official Nor Cal Racing Thread Rick Tracks and GTGs 14 2006.08.24 02:47 AM
PN Racing punch power cap PTRacer Mini-Z Science 5 2003.06.16 10:27 AM
Eagle Racing Power Booster crusader4x Mini-Z F1 MF-010, MF-015 23 2002.05.12 10:14 PM
RC Racing Products?? Gimpdiggity Parts and Hop-ups 6 2002.03.15 07:54 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 Mini-ZRacer.com
Mini Inferno Sale - Up to $85 Instant Savings!
Micro-T Hop-Ups
RC18R, M18, Micro RS4, Mini-LST, TamTech-Gear, Minizilla, RC18T, RC18B, RC18MT
shop.tinyrc.com Products

more»
Tiny RC Community News
[03/22/17] MZR was on vacation, didn't... : All kidding aside, the host experienced a bit of a server meltdown last week and efforts to restore the site to a new server took longer than anticipated. The current server is temporary until - more»
[11/25/15] Did You Hear? Our Black... : Hey Racers,
We're getting started a bit early with our Black Friday sale this year.  Generally we're not supporters of retailers opening early on Thanksgiving, but in our case, we're - more»
[06/30/15] shop.tinyrc.com: Have You... : Hey All! Just a quick reminder to everyone that we post all of our shop.tinyrc.com Newletters here on the MZR Forum. If for some reason you miss them in your email inbox, you can always see the - more»
Mini-Z, Mini-Z Racer, MR-02, MA-010
M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
Mini Inferno, Mini Inferno ST, half EIGHT, 1/16, 16th scale
Epoch, Indoor Racer, 1/43, 43rd scale
E-Savage, eSavage, eZilla, e-Zilla, HPI
Robots, Bots, Bipeds, Wheeled, Manoi, Roomba, NXT, Lego, Hacking
Crawling, Crawlers, Micro, RC, Losi Mini-Rock Crawler, Duratrax Cliff Climber
Kyosho Minium, Caliber 120, Minium Forums
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, Mini Inferno Hop-Ups, Mini Inferno Parts, M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts