Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2014.03.10, 04:39 PM   #1
zround
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 250
Send a message via Skype™ to zround
ZRound 1.12.22

ZRound Suite 1.12.22 is available with new features and bugs fixed

ZRound
  • Starting lights use can be limited to mains (option added on settings)
  • DATE variable added to scoreboard protocol
  • Pass indicator (highlight frame) on Monitor#2 is persistent (highlighting is not cancelled when another transponder is detected)
  • Android app support register racers (instead of transponders). Require android app update
  • Bug solved. Testing sounds on settings window
  • Bug solved. Computing n-best lap after ignoring/split/join laps
  • Bug solved. In staggered start first racer was skipped when an unregistered car was detected and removed

ZRound Manager
  • Best lap qualify can sum results of n-best rounds

Android App
  • Settings include racer selection.

Direct download: http://www.zround.com/request.php?48
zround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.22, 09:35 PM   #2
arch2b
Moderator
 
arch2b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 32,706
Send a message via AIM to arch2b
ok, some weird things happened today.

in practice mode, transponders that had been entered into the driver registry would pop up as unregistered with an odd, error tone each time it crossed the bridge. i could double click on the each and then choose the selected registry entry which was always correct. why are they being picked up as unregistered?

i also had multiple instances where a heat/main was setup and in the practice session to check everyone is counting, some are coming up as unregistered and in a few instances, others were mistakenly on the track and also began popping up as unregistered instead of being ignored. i would clear the track, go back to championship manager and load the heat/main again to clear the unregistered entries and then start the heat/main.

this also happened immediately following a heat/main when others jump back on the track and popped up as unregistered instead of being ignored.

i have never had this happen before installing 1.12.22
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo (5).JPG (296.8 KB, 8 views)
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.23, 10:21 AM   #3
zround
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 250
Send a message via Skype™ to zround
Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
ok, some weird things happened today.

in practice mode, transponders that had been entered into the driver registry would pop up as unregistered with an odd, error tone each time it crossed the bridge. i could double click on the each and then choose the selected registry entry which was always correct. why are they being picked up as unregistered?

i also had multiple instances where a heat/main was setup and in the practice session to check everyone is counting, some are coming up as unregistered and in a few instances, others were mistakenly on the track and also began popping up as unregistered instead of being ignored. i would clear the track, go back to championship manager and load the heat/main again to clear the unregistered entries and then start the heat/main.

this also happened immediately following a heat/main when others jump back on the track and popped up as unregistered instead of being ignored.

i have never had this happen before installing 1.12.22
I have been received a lot of requests about controlling "unregistered" transponder in race. Prior 1.12.21 the software simply ignored the detection but now the detected transponder is shown as unregistered (in the ZRound console you will see the transponder number).

Here you can find the feature details: http://www.zround.com/wiki/doku.php/...redtransponder

Regards.
zround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.23, 10:41 AM   #4
arch2b
Moderator
 
arch2b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 32,706
Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.zround.com

does this explain why transponders that have been registered show as unregistered in open practice mode? that's kind of a really annoying problem when opening the track up to practice and its not automatically selecting them from the registered drivers database.

Last edited by arch2b; 2014.03.23 at 10:43 AM.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.23, 10:49 AM   #5
arch2b
Moderator
 
arch2b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 32,706
Send a message via AIM to arch2b
forgot to add, during one main race a driver went thru and popped up as unregistered. it only happened once. i can't explain why this may have happened.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Stock Novice A Main.pdf (64.0 KB, 13 views)
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.23, 03:04 PM   #6
zround
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 250
Send a message via Skype™ to zround
Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.zround.com

does this explain why transponders that have been registered show as unregistered in open practice mode? that's kind of a really annoying problem when opening the track up to practice and its not automatically selecting them from the registered drivers database.
I use Chrome to edit the wiki pages and I've never had issues (In fact, I prefer to use Chrome over I.E/Firefox/Opera for this purpose). The site is hosted in hostgator, I have just tested the site and it works and I've not notice of site down alarms. Try now please.

Obviously open practice mode is not affected by the feature, it has no sense. Only the warm-up practice and races started from the championship manager with the registered racers of the heat/main.

Why do you say the open practice is not automatically selecting the racers?. I use it one month before releasing the new version and I have not had any problem with the free practice and automatic registration.

I was opposed to implement the feature because there is already a lot of control points (printed list with heat/mains, warm-up time before the race, warning sounds, green/red lights on the console) to prevent an unregistered racer or wrong transponder. However, there are a lot of people out there who asked to add the feature and once I've implemented I must agree it is good. There is no possiblity to miss a lap if the racer run with the wrong transponder (yes, that shouldn't happen but it does).

When you start a race from the championship manager, only registered racers should run (practice/race). If you want a free practice, start a free practice instead. If you have a heat/main loaded you can "clear the registered drivers" clicking the left icon (white sheet) on the zround tool bar and start a free practice as usual (clock icon).
zround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.23, 03:19 PM   #7
zround
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 250
Send a message via Skype™ to zround
Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
forgot to add, during one main race a driver went thru and popped up as unregistered. it only happened once. i can't explain why this may have happened.
If you don't want it on zround report, please remove the "unregistered" racer from the race with the registering/unregister option on the context menu (see the documentation link on the first answer). If it belongs to a racer who has installed the wrong transponder you can assign them with the context menu too.

I could add another option to enable/disable the strict transponder number control but I.M.O. it should be another setting that eventually every body will have enabled. If it becomes an annoying behavior for other users I will consider to include it. Please let me receive more negative feedbacks before adding the new setting to the configuration page, you are the first who doesn't like it.
zround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.23, 03:26 PM   #8
arch2b
Moderator
 
arch2b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 32,706
Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Quote:
I use Chrome to edit the wiki pages and I've never had issues (In fact, I prefer to use Chrome over I.E/Firefox/Opera for this purpose). The site is hosted in hostgator, I have just tested the site and it works and I've not notice of site down alarms. Try now please.
got to the site fine now, thanks.

Quote:
Why do you say the open practice is not automatically selecting the racers?. I use it one month before releasing the new version and I have not had any problem with the free practice and automatic registration.
i was running open practice mode and everyone running came up as unregistered. i know it shouldn't do that but it was and can't explain why or what i may have done wrong. i went so far as to close race manager and open it again to restart open practice and it still picked up everyone as unregistered.

Quote:
When you start a race from the championship manager, only registered racers should run (practice/race). If you want a free practice, start a free practice instead. If you have a heat/main loaded you can "clear the registered drivers" clicking the left icon (white sheet) on the zround tool bar and start a free practice as usual (clock icon).
thank you. i didn't know i could do that as the roll over states 'clear registered drivers' which is reads counter intuitive to what is wanted to be done which is remove unregistered drivers from a race started from the championship manager.

no, others should not be on the track when getting ready to start a heat/main but when you have a HFAY sized track in a small space in a busy hobby shop environment, it happens frequently.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.23, 03:45 PM   #9
zround
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 250
Send a message via Skype™ to zround
Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
i was running open practice mode and everyone running came up as unregistered. i know it shouldn't do that but it was and can't explain why or what i may have done wrong. i went so far as to close race manager and open it again to restart open practice and it still picked up everyone as unregistered.
mmm. They should be automatically registered or show "TX=XX" if XX belongs to more than one racer. I cannot reproduce the issue .

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
thank you. i didn't know i could do that as the roll over states 'clear registered drivers' which is reads counter intuitive to what is wanted to be done which is remove unregistered drivers from a race started from the championship manager.
The "clear registered drivers" is like a soft "reset" of the race manager. All racers are removed from the session. It is not used to remove "unregistered" racers from the heat/main started from the championship manager but to remove all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
no, others should not be on the track when getting ready to start a heat/main but when you have a HFAY sized track in a small space in a busy hobby shop environment, it happens frequently.
I understand. If there are a lot of "unregistered" racers you can select all of them (ctrl-click) and remove them in a single operation.
zround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.13, 02:38 PM   #10
arch2b
Moderator
 
arch2b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 32,706
Send a message via AIM to arch2b
I used the latest version yesterday and ignoring a fast lap did not correct the ranking.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.15, 08:13 AM   #11
zround
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 250
Send a message via Skype™ to zround
Could you please send me the zround.mdb file located in "Datos" folder and the details about the affected race?

Thanks in advance.

Jesus.
zround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.15, 10:45 AM   #12
arch2b
Moderator
 
arch2b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 32,706
Send a message via AIM to arch2b
I would be happy to send you the file but it will be 2 weeks till I am back at the track .
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.15, 02:43 PM   #13
zround
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 250
Send a message via Skype™ to zround
OK. Thanks.
zround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.06.04, 03:34 AM   #14
NoBrainer
Registered User
 
NoBrainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 562
I don't get white text on blue background on the race reports.

http://prenting.net/mini-z/konkurans...FinalJune.html

It's the same for Chrome, Firefox and IE.
__________________
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
NoBrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.06.04, 04:49 PM   #15
zround
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 250
Send a message via Skype™ to zround
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBrainer View Post
I don't get white text on blue background on the race reports.

http://prenting.net/mini-z/konkurans...FinalJune.html

It's the same for Chrome, Firefox and IE.
The directory structure for uploading html files is:

/whateverpathyouwant/class/championship/race

If you use championship manager ftp feature, you can use the option "resend root files" in order to publish the common files required. If you use a ftp client, please upload the content of "Datos" folder to the zround root path (i.e. /whateverpathyouwant).

In your site the ZRound root path is "/" so you must put the files there.

However, I see you only whant to publish a single race so the only file really needed is "zround.css". If you place a copy of zround.css into http://prenting.net/ the race should be displayed as expected.

Regards.
zround is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ZRound Companion application for the BlackBerry PlayBook Sinister_Y ZRound 12 2012.11.14 10:17 AM
ZRound Suite update 1.10.10 zround ZRound 1 2011.09.14 02:06 AM
ZRound Suite update 1.10.4 zround ZRound 4 2011.02.06 04:36 AM
ZRound Suite update 1.9.8 zround ZRound 0 2010.05.08 02:15 AM
ZRound Suite 1.9 zround ZRound 10 2010.02.19 12:25 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2011 Mini-ZRacer.com
Mini Inferno Sale - Up to $85 Instant Savings!
Micro-T Hop-Ups
RC18R, M18, Micro RS4, Mini-LST, TamTech-Gear, Minizilla, RC18T, RC18B, RC18MT
shop.tinyrc.com Products

more»
Tiny RC Community News
[03/22/17] MZR was on vacation, didn't... : All kidding aside, the host experienced a bit of a server meltdown last week and efforts to restore the site to a new server took longer than anticipated. The current server is temporary until - more»
[11/25/15] Did You Hear? Our Black... : Hey Racers,
We're getting started a bit early with our Black Friday sale this year.  Generally we're not supporters of retailers opening early on Thanksgiving, but in our case, we're - more»
[06/30/15] shop.tinyrc.com: Have You... : Hey All! Just a quick reminder to everyone that we post all of our shop.tinyrc.com Newletters here on the MZR Forum. If for some reason you miss them in your email inbox, you can always see the - more»
Mini-Z, Mini-Z Racer, MR-02, MA-010
M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
Mini Inferno, Mini Inferno ST, half EIGHT, 1/16, 16th scale
Epoch, Indoor Racer, 1/43, 43rd scale
E-Savage, eSavage, eZilla, e-Zilla, HPI
Robots, Bots, Bipeds, Wheeled, Manoi, Roomba, NXT, Lego, Hacking
Crawling, Crawlers, Micro, RC, Losi Mini-Rock Crawler, Duratrax Cliff Climber
Kyosho Minium, Caliber 120, Minium Forums
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, Mini Inferno Hop-Ups, Mini Inferno Parts, M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts