Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2014.11.07, 07:46 AM   #1
HoJo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 8
Zround useable with Windows 8 ?

Hi

I am trying to use Zround on a laptop using Windows 8. When I try to connect my AMBRC decoder via LAN cable, i get the message
'Asynchronous Socket Error 10051". Further, when I try to ping the decoder using the command line, I get a "General Transmit Failure" message.

Will you be able assist ?
HoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.11.07, 11:47 AM   #2
zround
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 250
Send a message via Skype™ to zround
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoJo View Post
Hi

I am trying to use Zround on a laptop using Windows 8. When I try to connect my AMBRC decoder via LAN cable, i get the message
'Asynchronous Socket Error 10051". Further, when I try to ping the decoder using the command line, I get a "General Transmit Failure" message.

Will you be able assist ?
Yes, ZRound works on Win8. In fact I use a Win8.1Pro/64 up to date.

An issue was reported last week by a user with a misconfigured AMBRc decoder that reported via PS3 protocol an static ip address "0.0.0.0" but it had a valid IP active. I have a patch for this, discarding the static IP info and recovering the active one. But if it were the case, you could ping flawlessly from a command prompt.

If you get a "General Transmit Failure" is because something on your windows network layer is failing. You need a network crossed cable for a direct link with the decoder. Otherwise (if there isn't any other network link up) you will receive such kind of errors.

If you have a regular network cable then try to use a hub/swich to connect both sides. Remember to enable DHCP on the AMBRc decoder if there isn't any other DHCP server on your network (i.e. router) or set the static IP address on both equipments on the same subnet (example: AMB=192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0; PC=192.168.1.2/255.255.255.0) if you don't have a DCHP service on the network segment.

Let me know if you get it working. Regards.
zround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.11.09, 07:26 PM   #3
HoJo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by zround View Post
Yes, ZRound works on Win8. In fact I use a Win8.1Pro/64 up to date.

An issue was reported last week by a user with a misconfigured AMBRc decoder that reported via PS3 protocol an static ip address "0.0.0.0" but it had a valid IP active. I have a patch for this, discarding the static IP info and recovering the active one. But if it were the case, you could ping flawlessly from a command prompt.

If you get a "General Transmit Failure" is because something on your windows network layer is failing. You need a network crossed cable for a direct link with the decoder. Otherwise (if there isn't any other network link up) you will receive such kind of errors.

If you have a regular network cable then try to use a hub/swich to connect both sides. Remember to enable DHCP on the AMBRc decoder if there isn't any other DHCP server on your network (i.e. router) or set the static IP address on both equipments on the same subnet (example: AMB=192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0; PC=192.168.1.2/255.255.255.0) if you don't have a DCHP service on the network segment.

Let me know if you get it working. Regards.
Hi

Thanks for your tips. After fiddling around with it, I managed to get it working and ran a race with it yesterday.

Thanks once again. Cheers
HoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.11.10, 05:59 AM   #4
zround
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 250
Send a message via Skype™ to zround
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoJo View Post
Hi

Thanks for your tips. After fiddling around with it, I managed to get it working and ran a race with it yesterday.

Thanks once again. Cheers
Excellent, thanks for your feedback.
zround is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ZRound Companion application for the BlackBerry PlayBook Sinister_Y ZRound 12 2012.11.14 10:17 AM
ZRound Suite update 1.10.10 zround ZRound 1 2011.09.14 02:06 AM
ZRound Suite update 1.10.4 zround ZRound 4 2011.02.06 04:36 AM
ZRound Suite update 1.9.8 zround ZRound 0 2010.05.08 02:15 AM
ZRound Suite 1.9 zround ZRound 10 2010.02.19 12:25 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2011 Mini-ZRacer.com
Mini Inferno Sale - Up to $85 Instant Savings!
Micro-T Hop-Ups
RC18R, M18, Micro RS4, Mini-LST, TamTech-Gear, Minizilla, RC18T, RC18B, RC18MT
shop.tinyrc.com Products

more»
Tiny RC Community News
[03/22/17] MZR was on vacation, didn't... : All kidding aside, the host experienced a bit of a server meltdown last week and efforts to restore the site to a new server took longer than anticipated. The current server is temporary until - more»
[11/25/15] Did You Hear? Our Black... : Hey Racers,
We're getting started a bit early with our Black Friday sale this year.  Generally we're not supporters of retailers opening early on Thanksgiving, but in our case, we're - more»
[06/30/15] shop.tinyrc.com: Have You... : Hey All! Just a quick reminder to everyone that we post all of our shop.tinyrc.com Newletters here on the MZR Forum. If for some reason you miss them in your email inbox, you can always see the - more»
Mini-Z, Mini-Z Racer, MR-02, MA-010
M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
Mini Inferno, Mini Inferno ST, half EIGHT, 1/16, 16th scale
Epoch, Indoor Racer, 1/43, 43rd scale
E-Savage, eSavage, eZilla, e-Zilla, HPI
Robots, Bots, Bipeds, Wheeled, Manoi, Roomba, NXT, Lego, Hacking
Crawling, Crawlers, Micro, RC, Losi Mini-Rock Crawler, Duratrax Cliff Climber
Kyosho Minium, Caliber 120, Minium Forums
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, Mini Inferno Hop-Ups, Mini Inferno Parts, M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts