Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2015.11.11, 06:33 PM   #31
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT
 
lfisminiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: pa.
Posts: 5,027
I think when Grant gets settled in after being back from the worlds, he can answer better. I know he won in pancar mod.
__________________
MINI-Z BODY NUT





DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.11.13, 11:42 AM   #32
Tapir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMALMAD View Post
From the looks of the gt mod results the shapeways chassis by JesseT did very well and the PN team did not do as well. There may be more info but based on the A-Main results that seems to be what happened.

On a seperate note, at my local track a few guys were running these chassis both with Nimh and Lipo (in AAA form) and they did not seem to be that impresive. They were probably just as good as an std Mr-03 chassis with the AAA lipo batteries but they were not head and shoulders better. It seems their main advantage is it will be easier to use aftermarket esc and reciever and the plastic should hold up much better than the std kyosho chassis. I think if you break you std chassis this would be a viable replacement but I don't think it is as important an upgrade as an A-Arm and cannot be directly compared to the other aftermarket chassis like that of JesseT or the MRX.
lol. Conclusions
The track at the worlds was very very low grip, so the advantage it can have wasnt showed.
JRP and MRX chassis was not used! Only MR-03 and PN.
On a low grip track it looked to work very good in the hands of the pn drivers. They also used KS tires, and the Marka tires had much much more grip in the low grip conditions.
Tapir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.11.13, 02:48 PM   #33
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver
 
yasuji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: southern calfornia
Posts: 1,505
Send a message via AIM to yasuji Send a message via Yahoo to yasuji
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMALMAD View Post
From the looks of the gt mod results the shapeways chassis by JesseT did very well and the PN team did not do as well. There may be more info but based on the A-Main results that seems to be what happened.

On a seperate note, at my local track a few guys were running these chassis both with Nimh and Lipo (in AAA form) and they did not seem to be that impresive. They were probably just as good as an std Mr-03 chassis with the AAA lipo batteries but they were not head and shoulders better. It seems their main advantage is it will be easier to use aftermarket esc and reciever and the plastic should hold up much better than the std kyosho chassis. I think if you break you std chassis this would be a viable replacement but I don't think it is as important an upgrade as an A-Arm and cannot be directly compared to the other aftermarket chassis like that of JesseT or the MRX.
Back from the world's... Great event as always when venturing out to race with the best in the world! Things were 50/50 for me this year with literally 3min control practice before the 5min prequals I was able to learn the rack and squeeze my PNR2.5 chassis in to the A sort for the quality... on the upside I was able to tq the PanCar class and take the A1 and A3 win with a dnf in A2... In the gt class I was able to make a tq run in the first Qual so I opted to utilize the following quals for some tire testing resting in me getting bumped down to the 4th spot in gt going in to the mains... The gt A mains were immediately after the PanCar A mains for A1 one of my servo pot wires broke loose due to poor soldering by me.... Hahaha... Resulting in a dnf and in A2 my car shutdown again as the same wire came loose again due to bad soldering on my part.... That was it after claiming the PNWC PanCar title I opted out of A3... This is my story... As most know... I prefer a chassis that I can drive hard as I am not a smooth driver... I am aggressive! Lol... Fwiw... I will never run a 03 chassis ever again... The PNR2.5 chassis gives MA the confidence to drive my car @ 110%... I have to drive the 03 @95%.. Any hard than that and it goes crazy... Also the tires that I ran @ the world's... PN KS Ss front @22.5 and Ss rears taped on with PN v2 tape! No traction roll no grip issues... 1 set fronts and 2 sets rears per chassis.. 2sets rears... Because it's a world championship... Hahaha
As far as the chassis being steps above anything else out on the market?... The answer is No... We @ PN strive to make bars as good or better than the benchmark... Which is Kyosho Miniz and for us... PN Racing... We are happy to bring a product to the table that is able to be on par with the Kyosho chassis we didn't reinvent the wheel with this chassis as it is the first version of our very own chassis and we look forward to taking this chassis to the next level!
__________________

Grant "Yasuji" Matsushima

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

yasuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.11.14, 01:48 AM   #34
DMALMAD
Registered User
 
DMALMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 588
Thanks for the clarifications about the worlds, only so much info you can get from a results sheet. Would you happen to know which Marka tires were used, honestly for my local track the KS are really good. Still have to buy sometimes two sets a night but the used tires can be practice tires for much longer, I am suprised that the KS tires weren't ubiquitously used.

After driving one recently I think I understand the bennefits better now. Seems you can throw a ton of steering at it and it won't flip as easy. I have no idea about smooth side RCP but on the rough side the car I tried had maybe even too much steering but no worries about fipping so I think that for drivers who need a stable and easy to drive car that is still agile and fast this would be really good. Honestly if there were a dedicated lipo version I would consider this maybe over the MRX just for the price factor. For Nimh I can see this chassis being a little too docile with the added weight and the width but I guess that just means use softer tires. But I still think that this is a seperate kind of chassis on its own from the other aftermarket chassis but not in a bad way, just an advancement and better utilization of a proven concept. Sorry if I came of too critical earlier, I just needed a little more info and was too quick to come to a conclusion
__________________
ATOMIC RC TEAM DRIVER
rcatomic.com
demracing.net

DMR MPC 1/27th Aftermarket Pan Chassis

Last edited by DMALMAD; 2015.11.14 at 01:51 AM.
DMALMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.11.14, 06:55 AM   #35
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver
 
yasuji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: southern calfornia
Posts: 1,505
Send a message via AIM to yasuji Send a message via Yahoo to yasuji
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMALMAD View Post
Thanks for the clarifications about the worlds, only so much info you can get from a results sheet. Would you happen to know which Marka tires were used, honestly for my local track the KS are really good. Still have to buy sometimes two sets a night but the used tires can be practice tires for much longer, I am suprised that the KS tires weren't ubiquitously used.

After driving one recently I think I understand the bennefits better now. Seems you can throw a ton of steering at it and it won't flip as easy. I have no idea about smooth side RCP but on the rough side the car I tried had maybe even too much steering but no worries about fipping so I think that for drivers who need a stable and easy to drive car that is still agile and fast this would be really good. Honestly if there were a dedicated lipo version I would consider this maybe over the MRX just for the price factor. For Nimh I can see this chassis being a little too docile with the added weight and the width but I guess that just means use softer tires. But I still think that this is a seperate kind of chassis on its own from the other aftermarket chassis but not in a bad way, just an advancement and better utilization of a proven concept. Sorry if I came of too critical earlier, I just needed a little more info and was too quick to come to a conclusion
As far as the Marka tires I have no idea what was used
The best thing about the PN KS tire is that they all work... And each driver can Taylor the tire combination to suit there driving style... For instance.. I drove SS/SS best combo for Me.... PN chose to run S/S his best combo and another driver from nor-cal chose M/SS...
I had tested a set glued to the rims which gave me more out right drive grip making my car a little too pushy for my liking so I went back to a taped set and all was good... I was able to get my car to rotate the way that I like it to...
For the fronts the firmer the tire will give u better response and similar on power grip the softer will give less snap in the steering on the rear tires it it the same... Softer Will NOT always be the best all around grip.. @ kenon... The best tie combo for me is S/M and for PN it is M/S... Front/rear... Find the combo that is best for your driving style
__________________

Grant "Yasuji" Matsushima

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

yasuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.11.14, 12:11 PM   #36
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT
 
lfisminiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: pa.
Posts: 5,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasuji View Post
As far as the Marka tires I have no idea what was used
The best thing about the PN KS tire is that they all work... And each driver can Taylor the tire combination to suit there driving style... For instance.. I drove SS/SS best combo for Me.... PN chose to run S/S his best combo and another driver from nor-cal chose M/SS...
I had tested a set glued to the rims which gave me more out right drive grip making my car a little too pushy for my liking so I went back to a taped set and all was good... I was able to get my car to rotate the way that I like it to...
For the fronts the firmer the tire will give u better response and similar on power grip the softer will give less snap in the steering on the rear tires it it the same... Softer Will NOT always be the best all around grip.. @ kenon... The best tie combo for me is S/M and for PN it is M/S... Front/rear... Find the combo that is best for your driving style
Good info..thanks.
__________________
MINI-Z BODY NUT





DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.12.07, 04:46 PM   #37
Ancient Artist
Registered User
 
Ancient Artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Midwest
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasuji View Post
As far as the Marka tires I have no idea what was used
The best thing about the PN KS tire is that they all work... And each driver can Taylor the tire combination to suit there driving style... For instance.. I drove SS/SS best combo for Me.... PN chose to run S/S his best combo and another driver from nor-cal chose M/SS...
I had tested a set glued to the rims which gave me more out right drive grip making my car a little too pushy for my liking so I went back to a taped set and all was good... I was able to get my car to rotate the way that I like it to...
For the fronts the firmer the tire will give u better response and similar on power grip the softer will give less snap in the steering on the rear tires it it the same... Softer Will NOT always be the best all around grip.. @ kenon... The best tie combo for me is S/M and for PN it is M/S... Front/rear... Find the combo that is best for your driving style
Were you running the smooth side RCP for this race? I apologize if I missed that somewhere and was curious.
Thanks.
__________________
Ancient Artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.12.07, 09:02 PM   #38
DMALMAD
Registered User
 
DMALMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Artist View Post
Were you running the smooth side RCP for this race? I apologize if I missed that somewhere and was curious.
Thanks.
They were running smooth side
__________________
ATOMIC RC TEAM DRIVER
rcatomic.com
demracing.net

DMR MPC 1/27th Aftermarket Pan Chassis
DMALMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.12.22, 04:17 PM   #39
arch2b
Moderator
 
arch2b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 32,707
Send a message via AIM to arch2b
what is the preferred wiring method? is there any advantage for one over the other?
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.12.22, 05:18 PM   #40
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT
 
lfisminiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: pa.
Posts: 5,027
Ray, dont think it matters. I run a jumper between the the 2 middle post.Then run positive on board to the outside positive post. Negative from board to the outside negative post.
__________________
MINI-Z BODY NUT





DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.01.05, 04:13 PM   #41
mini-cam
PDXminiz.com
 
mini-cam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Gresham, OR
Posts: 22
I installed a new chassis this past holiday and was very pleased with the improvement in the way the car cornered both at high and low speeds. My best lap times over a stock (battery configure) MR03 chassis improved towards the end of my FIRST set a batteries. I personally found running a 50t motor that adding some weight towards the rear above each side of the AAA batteries really settles the chassis and gives it a more down in the track feel. I know not the best to add weight up high but doing so brought up my consistency considerably. Paired up with the new PN RCP tires it is a awesome drive over what I was racing.

It would be awesome if PN made some brass battery clips for this chassis.

Nice job PN!
mini-cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.01.11, 03:22 PM   #42
Mike Keely
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,141
Does the old AA front end fit the 2.5 chassis or do you need to get the new 2.5 AA front end? I saw that they are all out of stock at PN. Is there a date when they should be back in stock?
__________________
DG-Designs / Brooklyn Hobbies
Mike Keely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.01.11, 03:40 PM   #43
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY
 
briankstan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: West Jordan, Utah
Posts: 6,763
Mike, both the v1 and v2 for the MR-03 will fit the PN2.5 chassis. the mount different but from the same points. the v2 is more similar to the way the 02 mounted.
__________________
--Salt Lake Mini-Z---HFAY---MZR Gallery--
briankstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.01.11, 08:42 PM   #44
Mike Keely
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,141
Thanks Brian. Our club is growing like crazy. We are up to about 27 guys that could show up at any time. We are out of room. It is a good problem to have though. One of the new guys is a top ranked 1/10th scale oval driver. He is looking to put together a mod car.
__________________
DG-Designs / Brooklyn Hobbies
Mike Keely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.01.11, 09:20 PM   #45
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT
 
lfisminiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: pa.
Posts: 5,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Keely View Post
Thanks Brian. Our club is growing like crazy. We are up to about 27 guys that could show up at any time. We are out of room. It is a good problem to have though. One of the new guys is a top ranked 1/10th scale oval driver. He is looking to put together a mod car.
Awesome Mike. Good to hear.
__________________
MINI-Z BODY NUT





DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MP V4: new chassis ivanmartin18 Aftermarket Chassis 70 2016.02.02 12:00 PM
shop.tinyrc.com: The 2011 F1 Season Opener Sale, Chassis Sale, More AutoScale Price R Mrs Mini-Z Newsletters 0 2011.03.16 03:21 PM
MR03 chassis: Overall better than 02 main chassis? Felix2010 Mini-Z Racer MR-03, MR-03 VE, Sports Series 29 2011.02.20 03:44 PM
FS: a variety of Mini-Z chassis' cowboysir Mini-Z Marketplace 22 2008.06.02 07:40 PM
Iwaver alloy+carbon fiber chassis marc Parts and Hop-ups 4 2006.06.07 10:57 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 Mini-ZRacer.com
Mini Inferno Sale - Up to $85 Instant Savings!
Micro-T Hop-Ups
RC18R, M18, Micro RS4, Mini-LST, TamTech-Gear, Minizilla, RC18T, RC18B, RC18MT
shop.tinyrc.com Products

more»
Tiny RC Community News
[03/22/17] MZR was on vacation, didn't... : All kidding aside, the host experienced a bit of a server meltdown last week and efforts to restore the site to a new server took longer than anticipated. The current server is temporary until - more»
[11/25/15] Did You Hear? Our Black... : Hey Racers,
We're getting started a bit early with our Black Friday sale this year.  Generally we're not supporters of retailers opening early on Thanksgiving, but in our case, we're - more»
[06/30/15] shop.tinyrc.com: Have You... : Hey All! Just a quick reminder to everyone that we post all of our shop.tinyrc.com Newletters here on the MZR Forum. If for some reason you miss them in your email inbox, you can always see the - more»
Mini-Z, Mini-Z Racer, MR-02, MA-010
M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
Mini Inferno, Mini Inferno ST, half EIGHT, 1/16, 16th scale
Epoch, Indoor Racer, 1/43, 43rd scale
E-Savage, eSavage, eZilla, e-Zilla, HPI
Robots, Bots, Bipeds, Wheeled, Manoi, Roomba, NXT, Lego, Hacking
Crawling, Crawlers, Micro, RC, Losi Mini-Rock Crawler, Duratrax Cliff Climber
Kyosho Minium, Caliber 120, Minium Forums
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, Mini Inferno Hop-Ups, Mini Inferno Parts, M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts