Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2017.02.07, 06:09 PM   #1
NYCislander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: NYC&Hawaii
Posts: 26
Mini Z Drifting..!

Hi everyone I am new to Mini Z and finding not to many people drift MiniZ..! So I decide to make a channel on youtube about me first Mini Z drift car..! and my progress. If you have time please check it out. Like and subscribe hope I can make progress and one day drift in Japan..! Maybe people will get interested in as well. I am new to Mini Z but have a passion for Mini Z drifting.

Thank you for your time and passion for Mini R/C..!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTrdpGLc0ME

Setup:
Kyosho: MA020ve
TX:EX-10
Wheels: GLracing Carbon N(0) W(0)
Front one way
Lock rear Diff

Hope to install CS (counter steer) soon..!
NYCislander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.02.07, 07:20 PM   #2
Nsxtat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: NYC
Posts: 37
Cool, my friend tries to drift but he is no where near as good as you. There is a track up in the bronx, and he tries to drift there, but the hard plastic tires ends up picking up all the rubber left behind and they ended up not sliding anymore.
Nsxtat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.02.07, 07:42 PM   #3
NYCislander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: NYC&Hawaii
Posts: 26
Drifting Mini Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxtat View Post
Cool, my friend tries to drift but he is no where near as good as you. There is a track up in the bronx, and he tries to drift there, but the hard plastic tires ends up picking up all the rubber left behind and they ended up not sliding anymore.
Thank you for the compliment, I have a lot to learn to drift in Japan. I find that when I drift I need to remember its not about the speed its about the drift. When I try and go to fast I lose control. And yeah the surface makes a difference I drift on cardboard.

I practice lots of Figure 8's haha because I don't have a track and I try and watch my "trigger" drifting requires controlled burst of power to control the drift. Not a lot of full power. But everyone has there own style.

I am wondering if your friend goes to Hobby Hero?


Thanks for watching my video hope you can like and subscribe Thanks again for you passion for Mini R/C..!
NYCislander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.02.08, 02:28 PM   #4
Nsxtat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: NYC
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCislander View Post
Thank you for the compliment, I have a lot to learn to drift in Japan. I find that when I drift I need to remember its not about the speed its about the drift. When I try and go to fast I lose control. And yeah the surface makes a difference I drift on cardboard.

I practice lots of Figure 8's haha because I don't have a track and I try and watch my "trigger" drifting requires controlled burst of power to control the drift. Not a lot of full power. But everyone has there own style.

I am wondering if your friend goes to Hobby Hero?


Thanks for watching my video hope you can like and subscribe Thanks again for you passion for Mini R/C..!
Yes we go to hobby heros, the track there is very very tight. too tight to drift, I will subscribe because we need more mini z content on youtube.
Nsxtat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.02.08, 03:33 PM   #5
NYCislander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: NYC&Hawaii
Posts: 26
Hobby Heros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxtat View Post
Yes we go to hobby heros, the track there is very very tight. too tight to drift, I will subscribe because we need more mini z content on youtube.
Awesome..! I have been to Hobby Heros.! there a really friendly and helpful shop..! Thanks for sub I hope to post every week. next will be a CS gear

Thanks again for your passion for MiniZ R/c..!
NYCislander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.02.09, 04:27 AM   #6
Petrokl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 67
Nice drift video and great start!
Wonder what is CS setup you talking about? MS racing axle and spurs?
In description there is no any mention about gyro-unit that have been installed on your chassis
Did you see this channel https://youtu.be/V1iXQv-hED0? Videos not so old. As far as I understand the only setup in his chassis is front oneway.
Another mini-z drift channel: https://youtu.be/1IObi7XZDuY There is also CS setup. But it's handmade. In comments there is link on forum (in German).
As for your vids: it's interesting to know about your setups and about drift technique (how to drift).
Waiting for next video. Peace.
Petrokl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.02.09, 05:46 AM   #7
NYCislander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: NYC&Hawaii
Posts: 26
Thanks for watching and Passion for Mini Z drift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrokl View Post
Nice drift video and great start!
Wonder what is CS setup you talking about? MS racing axle and spurs?
In description there is no any mention about gyro-unit that have been installed on your chassis
Did you see this channel https://youtu.be/V1iXQv-hED0? Videos not so old. As far as I understand the only setup in his chassis is front oneway.
Another mini-z drift channel: https://youtu.be/1IObi7XZDuY There is also CS setup. But it's handmade. In comments there is link on forum (in German).
As for your vids: it's interesting to know about your setups and about drift technique (how to drift).
Waiting for next video. Peace.
Thanks for the youtube links and questions. If you can Like , sub and write in the comments your question again please and what videos you want to see next that would be awesome. Hope more people will get interested in MiniZ drift. and R/c

Yes you the second person to say the gyro I will have to address that. Its there but I don't use it. My goal is to one day drift in Japan, Korea and thailand , I guess no I can put Germany thanks to you links

Thanks again for your interest and passion for Mini Z and R/c..!

Last edited by NYCislander; 2017.02.09 at 06:16 AM. Reason: more info
NYCislander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.02.09, 06:28 AM   #8
NYCislander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: NYC&Hawaii
Posts: 26
What mini Z Chassis do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrokl View Post
Nice drift video and great start!
Wonder what is CS setup you talking about? MS racing axle and spurs?
In description there is no any mention about gyro-unit that have been installed on your chassis
Did you see this channel https://youtu.be/V1iXQv-hED0? Videos not so old. As far as I understand the only setup in his chassis is front oneway.
Another mini-z drift channel: https://youtu.be/1IObi7XZDuY There is also CS setup. But it's handmade. In comments there is link on forum (in German).
As for your vids: it's interesting to know about your setups and about drift technique (how to drift).
Waiting for next video. Peace.
Last question about your personal setup? CS also matters about what chassis

Thanks again for your passion and interests for MiniZ & R/c
NYCislander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.02.14, 09:24 AM   #9
NYCislander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: NYC&Hawaii
Posts: 26
CS setup..! mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrokl View Post
Nice drift video and great start!
Wonder what is CS setup you talking about? MS racing axle and spurs?
In description there is no any mention about gyro-unit that have been installed on your chassis
Did you see this channel https://youtu.be/V1iXQv-hED0? Videos not so old. As far as I understand the only setup in his chassis is front oneway.
Another mini-z drift channel: https://youtu.be/1IObi7XZDuY There is also CS setup. But it's handmade. In comments there is link on forum (in German).
As for your vids: it's interesting to know about your setups and about drift technique (how to drift).
Waiting for next video. Peace.
Hi, please check out my video. I am still new so my drifting is not that great. Please like and sub Thanks for your passion for mini Z R/C

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0woY16l7nFA&t=325s
NYCislander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.02.14, 10:30 AM   #10
EMU
EMUracing
 
EMU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,697
Send a message via AIM to EMU
Nice videos! Very good walk through and explanation of what you were doing with your upgrades.

Ive never been much of a show drifter, but have done plenty with rubber tires on RCP or Carpet in races Of course, thats a different style altogether. I have tried drifting a few times, but never really got the hang of it. You are good at it for just starting, keep up the work.
__________________
EMUracing
Reflex Racing /Mantis Worx /HKS Hobby /DG Designs /GSR /Team Scream Racing /Cruizin With RC's /Fast By Faqish
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.02.14, 10:38 AM   #11
NYCislander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: NYC&Hawaii
Posts: 26
Thanks for watching and kind words

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
Nice videos! Very good walk through and explanation of what you were doing with your upgrades.

Ive never been much of a show drifter, but have done plenty with rubber tires on RCP or Carpet in races Of course, thats a different style altogether. I have tried drifting a few times, but never really got the hang of it. You are good at it for just starting, keep up the work.
Thank you, for watching and positive feedback. I need to practice a lot more to drift in Japan. But regardless I love my MiniZ and drifting doesn't need lots of space just wish I had a cool track. Please don't for get to like and sub to the channel , I will try and add new videos of my progress every week.

Thank you again for your passion for MiniZ r/c..!
NYCislander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.03.10, 08:59 AM   #12
NYCislander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: NYC&Hawaii
Posts: 26
Drifting tips from a newbie

Hi,
Here is some tips that I learned so far drifting my MiniZ. I still need a lot more practice.

Thanks for everyones time and passion for MiniZ R/c..!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT8uRP5MOO8
NYCislander is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
track surface for dnano + mini z drifting steve71075 Tracks and GTGs 4 2014.03.28 02:57 PM
First Person Camera in a Mini Z Drifting, cool a$$ video Jebroni Autoscales, Bodies, Cars and Drivers 0 2008.04.01 06:21 AM
Request for Mini Z drifting vids? dugrant153 Videos 15 2007.02.12 05:27 PM
Drifting you Mini Z one2eightd Setups 11 2003.11.29 07:10 AM
Mini Z vs Colt Mini Justin Miscellaneous Discussion 71 2002.01.18 07:31 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 Mini-ZRacer.com
Mini Inferno Sale - Up to $85 Instant Savings!
Micro-T Hop-Ups
RC18R, M18, Micro RS4, Mini-LST, TamTech-Gear, Minizilla, RC18T, RC18B, RC18MT
shop.tinyrc.com Products

more»
Tiny RC Community News
[03/22/17] MZR was on vacation, didn't... : All kidding aside, the host experienced a bit of a server meltdown last week and efforts to restore the site to a new server took longer than anticipated. The current server is temporary until - more»
[11/25/15] Did You Hear? Our Black... : Hey Racers,
We're getting started a bit early with our Black Friday sale this year.  Generally we're not supporters of retailers opening early on Thanksgiving, but in our case, we're - more»
[06/30/15] shop.tinyrc.com: Have You... : Hey All! Just a quick reminder to everyone that we post all of our shop.tinyrc.com Newletters here on the MZR Forum. If for some reason you miss them in your email inbox, you can always see the - more»
Mini-Z, Mini-Z Racer, MR-02, MA-010
M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
Mini Inferno, Mini Inferno ST, half EIGHT, 1/16, 16th scale
Epoch, Indoor Racer, 1/43, 43rd scale
E-Savage, eSavage, eZilla, e-Zilla, HPI
Robots, Bots, Bipeds, Wheeled, Manoi, Roomba, NXT, Lego, Hacking
Crawling, Crawlers, Micro, RC, Losi Mini-Rock Crawler, Duratrax Cliff Climber
Kyosho Minium, Caliber 120, Minium Forums
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, Mini Inferno Hop-Ups, Mini Inferno Parts, M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts