Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Events

Old 2019.12.02, 07:17 PM   #1
sleekun
Sleekun

Fuquay 500 v3.0 Jan 31st and Feb 1st 2020

Version 3.0 of the Fuquay 500!!!

Friday Jan 31st:
2:00 PM to 8:00 PM - Setup, Early Registration, Open Practice

Saturday Feb 1st:
9 AM to 10 AM - Open Practice & Registration
9:50 AM - Drivers Meeting, National Anthem, Words of Wisdom and prayer from Pastor if he’s available, and the official start your engines!
10 AM to Early Evening (wrap by about 6 pm ish) - RACE!!!!
***Awards and photos for Primary Classes immediately following each class!

RCP Track - Smooth Side
I-Laps Timing System
Multiple Classes including Euro Trucks!

One $10 ENTRY FEE covers all classes!

This is my “disclaimer” since this is the 3rd time running at this location and my 3rd time hosting a “large” event, we've had a pretty good run the first two races with very minimal technical issues, loopholes in the rules, classes people don’t like, differences in opinion on how the races are coordinated, etc. etc....but please bear with me if anything does come up and I’ll be more than happy to get help in any way I can, including constructive criticism. I just hope everyone has a good time racing and it’s enjoyable enough that we can continue having them.

More Information can be found in the google documents located here including the Race Flier and the Race Info with Rules and Specifications, let me know if you have any issues getting to the documents.

The exact classes may be changed as we get a better feel for who all might make it. I'll try to get something posted for a first draft of the classes in the coming weeks.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...RF?usp=sharing

Let me know if you have any questions!

EDIT: added the classes document
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Race Flier Feb 2020.jpg (131.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Primary Classes Feb 2020.JPG (71.3 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by sleekun; 2019.12.04 at 06:54 PM.
sleekun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.12.03, 03:16 PM   #2
Mike Keely

So is it qualifiers and mains for three different classes? What are the classes? Is it 500 laps per class? I am missing something here??? That is not unusual for me! LOL Thanks and good luck with the race.
Old 2019.12.03, 06:36 PM   #3
sleekun
Sleekun

Hey Mike, sorry for my lack of clarity.....i guess when i did the first one last year i should have called it something different, if i called it like it is then it would be "Mini-z racing in Fuquay Varina" kind of boring, so i went with the Fuqauy 500.....kind of a play on Daytona 500, or Indy 500.....but to add to the confusion it's NOT a 500 lap race either...ugh why didn't i name it different, being a star wars fan i should have wen with the Imperial 500 then really confuse everyone LOL

So i haven't posted the classes yet, the last two races we did a mix of GT STock, GT/LM 70t, LM 50t, Euro Truck Stock, outlaw, etc...... all of them are kind of based on the local crowd since that's the biggest draw with a few tweaks to hopefully appeal to the out of towners. I've changed the classes a little between the first race and the second race, i'm hopefully going to get my thoughts together and post something by this weekend for the classes.....i'll post here and on the facebookie event site.

OH and for the "bigger classes" we'll probably just stick to a 2 minute qualifier, a single 5 minute heat, then a 5 minute main and we'll divide the field into A, B , C groups as needed depending on how many entries we have, with bump ups and downs based on the heat results to determine the main groups....hopefully that makes sense, i think it's similar to other races.

So look for more hopefully by this weekend.

Last edited by sleekun; 2019.12.03 at 06:40 PM.
sleekun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.12.04, 06:53 PM   #4
sleekun
Sleekun

CLASSES! i've had a number of people asking about classes, i understand the sense of urgency so people can prepare for the various classes, so here they are...they are basically the same as last time (partly due to time constraint), so if anyone has major heartburn of any particular class, or lack of class, or specifics in a class, whatever, provide a compelling argument for the change, addition, subtraction, whatever....i'm all ears, but for the most part this is what we'll shoot for so people can prep, we might shake it up a bit for the race after this one.

See the attachment in the first post for he classes.

Let me know if there are any questions!
Old 2019.12.18, 08:24 PM   #5
byebye

In for updates.

Kris
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.12.18, 08:50 PM   #6
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Subscribed!
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.12.20, 02:23 PM   #7
sleekun
Sleekun

Just a quick post saying everything is still on track for the race. Hopefully i'll find out tomorrow a little more about possible gift cards for the top A-Main classes, depends on how many entries overall we actually have but might be a few bucks to spend at RC Hobby Nook anyway...so more to come on that!
Old 2020.01.12, 01:23 PM   #8
sleekun
Sleekun

Hey all, i'm back from vacation, just wanted to mention it's about 19 days until the next Fuquay 500. If you aren't on facebook and think you might make it let me know so i can try to get a decent head count. I think right now the responses show about 8 yes, 5 maybe, but i know some locals that are planning to come that haven't responded which the total is probably closer to about 15 to 20 ish.

Also, be sure to watch here and/or facebook for updates if any weather issues arise, i know last year we almost got hit with a hurricane, and with it being Jan. with global warming who knows what will happen, its 70 degrees here today but in 20 days it might be 10 below with freezing rain and sharknados or something. LOL
Old 2020.01.15, 06:42 PM   #9
sleekun
Sleekun

Fyi- after discussing batteries with someone they pointed out that I probably should change the battery type to say NiMH instead of nickel since the high powered nizn batteries are technically nickel based.

For the classes with battery restrictions I have modified them to say NiMH instead.

So all the typical batteries are NiMH like peak 900s, PN 750/900, kyosho speed house, e.t.c e.t.c...... those are all good.

Thanks and hope this doesn't confuse anyone.
Old 2020.01.16, 06:42 PM   #10
herman

Good luck to all racers and dont forget to post pics vids
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.01.16, 07:19 PM   #11
sleekun
Sleekun

Quote:
Originally Posted by herman View Post
Good luck to all racers and dont forget to post pics vids
Thanks Herman! Hopefully i'll be able to find a volunteer or two that can take some pics and video since i'll likely be busy trying to run things...eventually i'll see if I can do a live facebook feed or something.