Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2003.08.30, 07:49 PM   #1
Hammer
Mini-Z Electrician

Talking An Enzo Story.

Having been involved in this hobby for a little while and owning a few of these cars, when I received my Enzo from Mini-ZRacer.com shop, I felt there wasn’t much time wasted on reading the instructions. I know how these cars work. I know how the controls work. Well, I put batteries in the controller and I put fresh batteries in the Enzo. I turned on the controller, then the Enzo while holding it in my hand. No twitching, no wheel movement, no nothing. I set the Enzo on my desk. My first first mistake was to try and adjust the trim. Thinking the trim configurations on the new controller and the old controller would be the same (stupid), I commenced to adjust what I thought was the steering trim which was actually the forward / reverse trim. This sent the Enzo speeding off my desk completely missing the rug and landing on the query tile floor. This floor is unforgiving, anything I’ve dropped on it has lost the battle. The Enzo bounced once, I’m not sure how it first hit, however, it ended up upside down, on the tile floor, under a chair in the corner. It was running about 20% speed. The antenna was bent 90 degrees sideways, at least it didn’t break considering how brittle the stock antenna can be. Other than that, there was no damage! Not even a scratch on the body. Given the scale, it was like driving your car off a 10 story building. These cars are durable and the new gloss coat on the body is amazing! Maybe, I'm just incredibly lucky. Thought this was worth passing on.
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.08.30, 09:01 PM   #2
mailboxck

Send a message via Yahoo to mailboxck
That story really made my heart jump. The last thing you want to do to a brand new z like that is to make it look not so brand new

Have fun with your new z and tell us more stories about it in the days to come
Old 2003.08.31, 03:37 AM   #3
jeffrey
undisputed

Send a message via AIM to jeffrey
i hope i have stories to tell wen i get my mini-z..................that won't be until monday i order it tho...................damn holidaes.................grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

your story is crazy..............i thought you read the manuel.....................oh wells...................i just hope i don't tell the same story................

I DON'T NEED A FAST MOTOR TO GO FAST!
jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.08.31, 04:35 AM   #4
mailboxck

You're luckier...i won't get my enzo til the end of the week. And i don't have to go to school for the whole week! There's nothing here inside the house that would keep my mind of that damn car! Man!
Old 2003.08.31, 04:57 AM   #5
jeffrey
undisputed

Send a message via AIM to jeffrey
mailboxck go party with your friends...............a club is always fun...........

I DON'T NEED A FAST MOTOR TO GO FAST!
jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.08.31, 10:03 AM   #6
mini-z
Administrator

Hammer, so glad that story ended the way it did, at first I thought it was going to end in disaster! Enjoy the Enzo!
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.08.31, 10:10 AM   #7
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i think your very lucky! it started off like it would end up another "tragedy strikes" story
glad to hear all is ok
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.08.31, 04:37 PM   #8
Hammer
Mini-Z Electrician

Thanks for the support. I would have to agree, lady luck was on my shoulder. The car functions exactly as it should. I've checked the body closely and can see absolutely no damage, not even a scratch. Remarkable!

Just goes to prove, even when you do stupid things , luck can still be with you. I learned a valuable lesson and it didn't cost me too much, just a very rapid heartbeat for a few minutes.
Old 2003.09.01, 02:13 AM   #9
herman

This sent the Enzo speeding off my desk completely missing the rug and landing on the query tile floor....

thud thud.... thud thud... thud thud.....beeeeeeeeep...
(voices in the background)
oh my, he's flatlined... defib in here quick!!!!
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.09.01, 06:32 AM   #10
poordoc

I am thinking about insuring my Enzo mini Z with Statefarm. I will have them check the rates first for Enzo. Anyway, I think the antenna may have saved your car. It probably act like a damper spring when it landed on the tile, explaining the 90 degree side way bent. You are lucky man! go buy some lottery tickets now.
poordoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.09.01, 09:36 AM   #11
Hammer
Mini-Z Electrician

Yeah, I kinda like the antenna theory myself. I was in such a hurry to check for damage, I didn’t take time to diagram the accident scene so I could do a vector analysis. I do think that antenna saved my rear end, so to speak. I guess stock antennas are good for something. Yes, do your initial testing where you have plenty of room, unless you have a lapse of intelligence like I did! As far as insurance goes, sometimes you just gotta live dangerously.
Old 2003.09.02, 05:14 AM   #12
mailboxck

Hey Mr James Bond ...that's a great escape. If the plan doesn't work, you should always have an escape route. Hmmm...lucky enzo. Remember the bond film tomorrow never dies? And where his BMW 7 series didn't have a scratch on it after falling around 4 floors onto a shop? Hey...you know what, ferrari enzo's could do it too!
Old 2003.09.03, 10:01 PM   #13
Goku

I cant believed that happened! And the Mini-Z still works? Wow, kool amazin story man...

Kamehameha...
Old 2003.09.06, 06:55 PM   #14
Hammer
Mini-Z Electrician

A final report. I finally had time to take the car apart and this is what I found. Obviously, because the car landed upside down, there was no damage to the undercarriage & chassis. The electronics were unscathed, even with the bent antenna. As far as the body goes, with the best light and a little magnification, I could see a few very small scratches, in the gloss coat, on the top of the nose about half way from where the axle crosses and the front of the car & a similar pattern on the front of the roof. I must say, these scratches are almost undetectable under normal conditions! These cars are very durable and I’m really lucky!

Last edited by Hammer; 2003.09.06 at 07:52 PM.
Old 2003.09.06, 09:26 PM   #15
mailboxck

I just got my enzo yesterday. I hated the stock motor can so i replaced it with one i had. I just took it apart and re-installed it to the new can. Now my motor turns backwards. What did you think i did wrong? My simplest solution is to screw the positive and negative poles backwards.