Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2017.10.17, 09:22 PM   #16
SuperFly
bitPimp

Here's the diagram I used, and it was accurate:

I was upgrading from a 27AM MR02, so I had to add a third wire to the steering pot, and I read that because the MR02 had one less servo gear I would need to switch the polarity of the steering motor, but that turned out to not be true. No biggie, just reversed it with the controller.

I considered eliminating the power switch, as I assume one could just jump those two pads and remove the switch. I kept the switch in place to not change too many variables at once, but I may take it out.

Going from memory, I think the wires attach to the pot in the same order (white in the middle)

One cool thing is being able to use the ICS port for transponder power instead of tapping battery posts, that way the transponder turns off with the power switch.

mini-z gallery

PDX Mini-Z

Last edited by SuperFly; 2017.10.17 at 09:27 PM.
SuperFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.10.18, 06:49 AM   #17
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
FHS board does not have the same color wiring to the pot that the ASF board does.
It looks like the servo power wiring order is reverse from the MR-03 ASF board meaning i need to go back and move some wires around. i had simply copied wire positions over from one to the next.

Last edited by arch2b; 2017.10.18 at 06:52 AM.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.11.04, 08:55 PM   #18
herman

Greetings... any pics of an installed board? Is this still available? Wanting to get one for my completely stock mr03 which all of a sudden died (no power or steering), also for some AM cars I want to convert. Would appreciate any info where to get them.
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.11.04, 11:03 PM   #19
SuperFly
bitPimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by herman View Post
Greetings... any pics of an installed board? Is this still available? Wanting to get one for my completely stock mr03 which all of a sudden died (no power or steering), also for some AM cars I want to convert. Would appreciate any info where to get them.
banggood.com

I know there are rules about posting links to other stores, but I couldn't find the specific policy, so hopefully this is okay: https://www banggood com/DasMikro-2_...r_warehouse=CN shipping was about two weeks.

I installed mine into an MR02 chassis, so I had to do a little cutting on the PCB cover to make room for the ICS port and the gyro port/pairing button. Otherwise, the width is the same as MR02 board, and the pins line up, so it just drops in and fits nicely. Installation was easy, and pairing with an EX-1 UR / 901sm worked the first time.

mini-z gallery

PDX Mini-Z

Last edited by mleemor60; 2017.11.05 at 03:37 PM. Reason: link with pricing
SuperFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.11.05, 07:50 AM   #20
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
DasMikro 2.4G KYOSHO ASF Compatible Mainboard For Micro Racing Cars
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.11.07, 05:23 AM   #21
herman

Many thanks for the pics and the link. Very much appreciated. Was it easy to solder the wires on? Did you encounter any problems?

For the mr02, servo motor is connected as indicated in the above diagram, and we are to add an additional wire for the pot?

How does it run compared to the original mr03 board?

Thanks again.

Last edited by herman; 2017.11.07 at 06:02 AM.
Old 2018.07.20, 02:52 AM   #22
herman

finally got a couple of boards....
hoping to convert the following to 2.4ghz...
an am mr015
an am f1
replace a burned out mr03

a couple of questions...

for the am servo...
as the dasmikro is designed for the mr03, would there be any issues connecting the older servo motors in the mr015/02 and F1 chassis to the dasmikro board?

from superfly...
Quote:
I read that because the MR02 had one less servo gear I would need to switch the polarity of the steering motor, but that turned out to not be true.
should i switch the polarity before soldering it onto the board? or just go ahead and solder it as instructed? would polarity reverse for a mr03 chassis?

would also appreciate any tips... thanks in advance
Old 2018.07.20, 03:26 PM   #23
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I installed MR02 ASF and MR03 ASF PCB's in F1s years ago, but dont remember if I needed to swap the polarity of the motor. Assuming the the clone boards are built to the same design, they should be able to drive the larger servo motors without issue.

Keep us updated with your projects, I would love to see how they turn out.
Old 2018.07.20, 04:10 PM   #24
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Anything that was an 02 will require reverse polarity for steering. No big deal just switch it on the transmitter. That way you always know when you forget to change models as your steering will be backwards.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.11.13, 11:42 AM   #25
CrazyRussian

Hello, I have installed Dasmikro board to AWD MA-010.

Pls find video about this:
https://youtu.be/IZ-GjHuh1tg
CrazyRussian is offline   Reply With Quote