Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Manufacturers > Reflex Racing

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 1.36 average. Display Modes
Old 2011.05.04, 08:59 AM   #136
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

i centered the bearing...

LIVE Mini-Z Racing Every Fri and Sat Nite 7pm - Dnano Racing Every Mon Nite 530pm - 1/16th - 1/18th Off Road Racing (times and days to be announced)
JuniorWKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.04, 09:09 AM   #137
Traveler
of both Time and Space

Thanks JR! Do you know if you are using 2mm or 2.5mm bearing on your QteQ setups?
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.04, 12:03 PM   #138
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

i will have to ask CT... it was whatever he sent me... i will find out and get back to ya...

LIVE Mini-Z Racing Every Fri and Sat Nite 7pm - Dnano Racing Every Mon Nite 530pm - 1/16th - 1/18th Off Road Racing (times and days to be announced)
Old 2011.05.04, 12:37 PM   #139
tr1kstanc3

I found a part number from Kyosho for 6x8mm shims.

KYO96046
tr1kstanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.05, 05:26 AM   #140
Traveler
of both Time and Space

I just took a little closer look at mine and can better see what you did now.

Betting you used the 2mm thick center bearing, as its about the same thickness as the spur. I you had used the 2.5mm one, there would have been a gap between one or both of the AWD diff shims and the spur.

Went ahead and did mine like yours and hope it works better. Will have to let the CA set for a while... It was pretty stressful applying CA so close to the balls inside the bearing, but I think I kept the glue out because it still spins freely.

Thanks Junior!
Old 2011.05.05, 10:25 AM   #141
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

no prob... let me know how you make out...

Old 2011.05.05, 10:59 AM   #142
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

mine is with the 2.5mm bearing then. I have the space between the shim and the spur on both sides since i centered the bearing... once i had the shims in place and the glue was dry i then filled in the gap with a small amount of additional glue...

fwiw... i sanded the spur, bearing and shims to ensure the glue would maintian its bond... i ahve been running all three diffs this way for some time now and have rebuilt them multiple times and have not had a sigle shim come loose...

this application works wonders for me and keeps the shim centered perfectly...

i also did this on the reflex car that i built for kevin from action and he ran the car all day at the east coast districts and loved it..

Old 2011.05.05, 12:13 PM   #143
Traveler
of both Time and Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorWKR View Post
mine is with the 2.5mm bearing then.
Ooops! I used the 2mm bearing
Old 2011.05.05, 01:35 PM   #144
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

try it... you may just have to add another washer shim if you find there is still to much play... it should work fine though...

Old 2011.05.05, 01:41 PM   #145
Traveler
of both Time and Space

We're racing tonight, so I will through it in a diff when I get to the track. Wondering if you encountered an issue with the AWD shims. The ones I have (don't know what brand) are not perfectly flat. I didn't sand them like you did, and I wasn't sure what orientation would be best, curved out like (spur) or curved in like )spur( . Think I ended up with (spur( . Any thoughts on this?
Old 2011.05.05, 02:44 PM   #146
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

when i glued mine on i then sat them with the shim down on my pit board and then put a weight on top so when the glue dried it dried perfectly flat.. it worked perfect... then i just did the other side the same way..

Old 2011.05.05, 03:31 PM   #147
Kevin S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorWKR View Post
i also did this on the reflex car that i built for kevin from action and he ran the car all day at the east coast districts and loved it..
The car that Junior built for me for the East Coast Districts at MHS is absolutely sick. I absolutely love it. It is an all Reflex Car and I couldn't have been any happier with the way he built it for me Thanks Junior
Dream Killr Racing
Supporter of White Knuckle Racing
Kevin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.05, 09:12 PM   #148
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

no prob homie... glad you like it... now you know why i like my cars so much... reflex makes great products for the racer in all of us...

Old 2011.05.08, 09:10 AM   #149
tr1kstanc3

I used a 2mm bearing centered equally inside the spur. I then glued one 6x8mm shim to the side that is closest to the right wheel. The left qteq hub was not sanded flat to the diff ring so it prevents the spur from rubbing that side. Everything stays centered now.

I used this shim set. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...etric-Shim-Set
tr1kstanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.08, 11:01 AM   #150
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

aweswome.. thats great news... all my hubs where previously sanded so i used the 2.5mm bearings and the spacer on each side...