Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2011.10.06, 10:31 PM   #46
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

if you run stock class it has to be an auto scale
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.07, 09:12 AM   #47
miamimcnutt
pyschopath racing

landon
heres what i got form our group last night
albert
mike m.
mike h.
shelby
wade
here are ?'s
rodney
terry
carlos
james
don

Last edited by miamimcnutt; 2011.10.09 at 04:26 PM.
miamimcnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.07, 11:22 AM   #48
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

I gotta blow off a wedding but I will be there! GT1 and CanAm.
Old 2011.10.07, 11:36 AM   #49
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

I'm coming Elizabeth!! This is the big one!!!
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.07, 11:50 AM   #50
miamimcnutt
pyschopath racing

gt1 and can am for me
Old 2011.10.10, 07:40 AM   #51
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Thanks for stirring up the interest a bit Albert, and for getting me some info. I've received a few more calls since then, and have a clearer idea of how many will be attending. I will get on posting a schedule up for every one, as well as pricing (something I almost completely forgot about) in the event thread.

Also, I have decided that even if I have to make folks remove their top covers to see their possible FET mods, I want the stock class to be just that, STOCK. There will be a revision to the club rules, as well as the event rules and FET modifications will not be allowed. That way, it will truly be a class where you can purchase a car, install bearings and tires, and run it. And FWIW, Kyosho 20s and 30s have almost always been the preferred tire combo, so there shouldn't even be much investment in tire research.

Pedro, It'll be great to see you again. Make sure you bring that crazy jig of yours for checking out the GT1 cars Sorry about the wedding. Ill see what we can do about getting some cake for ya.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.10, 12:53 PM   #52
miamimcnutt
pyschopath racing

landon

that was a good move with the fet issue and now it can TRULY be called box stock with no issues i think this will get you a couple more drivers for this class

albert
Old 2011.10.10, 04:10 PM   #53
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
What MR03 kits will you have in stock? I knew that I shouldnt have rebuilt my box stock into a full racer... I still dont have fets, so it could be a candidate, but its much more fun to buy new.

For the Box Stock class, can we use aftermarket wheels with an old ASC body? Or does it have to be a new body with Kyosho wheels? I dont think that I have any kyosho wheels... I personally would vote to have an open wheel and tire rule, so long as the offsets are not wider than what the body comes with. I would like to have the option to use less offset if I wanted... and option to use a narrow front end with wider offset if I wanted. The MR03 comes with both front ends...

Last edited by EMU; 2011.10.10 at 04:15 PM.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.10, 07:07 PM   #54
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

so does this mean you are going to make it down?
MBMZR
DG Designs
Old 2011.10.10, 07:28 PM   #55
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
The Kyosho stock class addresses the wheel issue nicely. Still need Kyosho wheels but choice is up to driver with conditions. I think it's more than fair and the chassis track width on an 03 is up to a driver.

Last edited by arch2b; 2011.10.10 at 07:30 PM.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.10, 07:39 PM   #56
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I would just hate to have to buy Kyosho wheels when I have LOTS of aftermarket wheels already... although, if they have good stock in Kyosho wheels down there, I should be fine.

Chad... looking into it, odds are in my favor. I just got Sunday 11/6 off from work, and have Friday off already... just need to talk the driver into doing the long haul and book the hotels... As with every Carolina race that I have entered, I have raced all classes, so I must race all classes at this race as well...

I really wanted to go to the PNWC finals, but it looks like it would cost at least $2000-2500, which I dont have. The flights for the Nationals dont agree with my schedule, and I cannot take off 2 extra days to do the long layovers that they have on both ends of the trip... So it looks like this race is my fall travelling race I missed you guys at the PN regional, so its even more reason to go down there...
Old 2011.10.10, 07:57 PM   #57
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

i know i speak for everyone in saying we would love to have you make it.

as far as wheels, its up to landon. im fine with what ever as i plan to run an lm with lm wheels and tires. the down side to allowing no stock wheels is you are getting away from "box stock". But then again bearings are allowed so i can see the point in all directions. i know landon is more making this class to show new guys what can be done with out of the box cars the day you buy them with out having to fork over a lot in option parts. i like the idea maj is doing with the vits class. you can only use what comes in the box, im assuming tires being the only thing that can be changed. the only other negative is people running an 03 have the ability to run wide and narrow on the same box stock chassis. i am running a 02 and dont have that option. but i feel the 02 with no slope in front end will do me better.
MBMZR
DG Designs
Old 2011.10.10, 08:00 PM   #58
arch2b

Interesting, the rules are nearly identical to kyosho's.
Old 2011.10.10, 08:18 PM   #59
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

only thing with kyosho rules are they allow any kyosho option part
MBMZR
DG Designs
Old 2011.10.10, 08:23 PM   #60
arch2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad508 View Post
only thing with kyosho rules are they allow any kyosho option part
Not in the stock class, the options are the stock ex or whatever its called. Plain stock allows for any matching style Kyosho wheels and bearings. These are the rules we've adopted for our stock class.