Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2020.09.27, 02:09 PM   #31
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
December:

MINI-Z Buggy Readyset TURBO OPTIMA Mid Special White
Part No. 32092W
Part No. MBB09Y (body)

MINI-Z Buggy Readyset TURBO OPTIMA Mid Special White
Part No. 32092W
Part No. MBB09W (body)

These are some nice looking, dare I say, vintage offerings?

MINI-Z Case (With Accesory tray)
Part No. MZW123

I'm sure this one will appeal to many people. My only concern is that the height may not be compatible with tall autoscales nor it looks like any LM autoscales.
Quote:
Dimensions: approx. 201 x 108 x 52mm
Maximum MINI-Z size: approx. 187 x 95 x 48mm
What I would like to have seen from something like this is a parts bin below for specific extra/accessory parts for each car to be stored. we all tend to have extra wheels, different springs, etc. for specific bodies that we change for track conditions and would be really nice to create a pit box of sorts for each car. The PN autoscale boxes look to be large enough to do something like this.

Belt crawler unit Catappi (for MINI-Z 4x4 / 2 pieces)
Part No. MXW009

Spare shoe for Catappi (20pcs / for MXW009)
Part No. MXW009-1

Diecast Front Axle Case
Part No. MXW008

Last edited by arch2b; 2020.12.24 at 05:17 PM.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.09.27, 02:10 PM   #32
arch2b

Kyosho updated their website with new stuff scheduled for October, updated post #19.
Old 2020.09.30, 01:19 PM   #33
arch2b

Kyosho updated thier site with November and December offerings. See Post #27 and #31.
Old 2020.10.22, 05:34 PM   #34
arch2b

Updated the post for November to include the re-release of the R32 GT-R white body and the 2002 WRC white body. It's been some time since we've seen a run of these so I'm sure there will a lot of happy people.
Old 2020.11.27, 10:34 AM   #35
arch2b

I updated November and December listings. December brings us a parts box that can double as a car carrier.
Old 2020.11.27, 01:44 PM   #36
SuperFly
bitPimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
MINI-Z Case (With Accesory tray)
Part No. MZW123

I'm sure this one will appeal to many people. My only concern is that the height may not be compatible with tall autoscales nor it looks like any LM autoscales.

What I would liek to have seen from something like this is a parts bin below for specific extra/accessory parts for each car to be stored. we all tend to have extra wheels, different springs, etc. for specific bodies that we change for track conditions and would be really nice to create a pit box of sorts for each car. The PN autoscale boxes look to be large enough to do something like this.
Whoever designs and produces the ideal Mini Z pit box will become a millionaire! Just kidding, but I have yet to see anyone with a totally dialed pit box or carrying cases. I've seen 1/10 pit boxes with integrated battery chargers and flip-up work lights, looks like a NASCAR pit area. Maybe that's my next lockdown project.

mini-z gallery

PDX Mini-Z
SuperFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.11.27, 11:38 PM   #37
TPDazzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFly View Post
Whoever designs and produces the ideal Mini Z pit box will become a millionaire! Just kidding, but I have yet to see anyone with a totally dialed pit box or carrying cases. I've seen 1/10 pit boxes with integrated battery chargers and flip-up work lights, looks like a NASCAR pit area. Maybe that's my next lockdown project.
There was just a huge stream about this on social media. There was a lot of the Harbor Frieght cases, Plano tackle boxes etc. All are good options, but this modified Drone racing Backpack seemed to be closest to what you are talking about.https://youtu.be/rpYbE24Wq5I
Impressive, but he put ALOT of work into it. I always carry a ton of stuff to race night, but I am the owner and storer of the timing system, bridge, track, laptop, and my own gear. It makes for a full car.
TPDazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.11.28, 10:39 AM   #38
arch2b

wow, reminds me so much of myself in effort to try to organize everything and with integrated power supply. my V1 pit box had an internal PS robbed from a dead PC and dual PC case fans for cooling cars. This can very easily take this off track... to return, I like the Kyosho pit box, box but given it's limited compatibility, it's just not for me. I appreciate the thought but really was it too much to ask to make it fit all available bodies (non movie themed)? Plus they are a good 20 years late to the game.
Old 2020.11.28, 02:07 PM   #39
SuperFly
bitPimp

More likely than not, they didn't produce a custom container designed for the purpose, but picked an existing, available size and screened their logo on it.

I suppose the range of racers is too large to accommodate everyone. There are a lot of guys who have 1-2 cars, a TX and a very small parts bin, and arrive with a paper shopping bag, and others that need two large plastic bins. I've kind of settled into two Plano cases that hold smaller bins for my cars, batteries, chargers, parts and supplies, and then a separate padded bag for my TX, and I keep my ICS cables and adapters and a mini soldering iron in there too. I tried to limit it to one case, but hated being at the track when someone else's car breaks, and knowing I have the thing they need, but didn't bring it.

But yeah, in 2020, Kyosho ought to be able to come up with a better storage solution.

mini-z gallery

PDX Mini-Z
SuperFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.12.01, 04:52 PM   #40
arch2b

just updated the December post to add the 4x4 die cast front axel and caterpillar tracks.
Old 2020.12.24, 05:18 PM   #41
arch2b

Updated December post to include body kits for the new Buggies.