Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2012.09.14, 07:26 AM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Giro-Z Bridge Requirements

i'm trying to narrow down some reliability issues and want to confirm bridge construction and configuration details.

i've constructed my bridge with a 2"x2" channel and determined the appropriate height so as not to encounter ghost lap counts from adjacent lanes.

what is the optimal spacing of the sensors in the bridge? i made mine equidistant from each other along the length of the bridge which ends up at 10.25-10.5" apart.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.09.14, 09:23 AM   #2
mikimotor

The correct measures are:

22cm btw each sensor/receiver.
45cm from track.
mikimotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.09.14, 10:13 AM   #3
arch2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikimotor View Post
The correct measures are:

22cm btw each sensor/receiver.
45cm from track.
are these hard numbers or is there room for variation? i have had many recommendations and all have been less than 17" with the average at 14"

for those of us with english measurements:

8.6" btw each sensor/receiver
this leaves plenty of dead space at either end of the bridge which i assume is used to limit the pick up zone and adjacent lanes of traffic. does deviating from 8.6" sensor spacing affect reliability? it maybe that my height and spacing is creating the desired pickup field and affecting pick up zones within the field? i can only guess that the shorted spacing creates more overlap in the individual zones.

17.7" from track
equally interesting as this would create a pick up field that would easily encompass adjacent lanes of traffic. I suspect the shortened distance between sensors narrows the pick up field on the sides to correct for this, is that correct? i had set my sensor height at 16" so that measured pick up field did not capture adjacent lanes of traffic with a sensor spacing that was equidistant from each other given the total length of the bridge. to follow up on this, does the change in height affect reliability as it would seem that height can be used to calibrate the pick up field as well as sensor spacing?
Old 2012.09.14, 03:01 PM   #4
arch2b

double checked the Giro-Z manual and the instructions in the manual (page 4) state the following;

26cm or 10.2" btw each sensor/receiver
this matches what i have done on my bridge. is the direction in the manual incorrect?