Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2016.04.21, 05:15 PM   #1
refsiul22

TRP Battery manager

Just found out about this upcoming product/software from TRP

We will be able to analyze batteries, download results to your computer and use that info to match cells.

Heard price will be around $60

source:
http://www.trpscale.com/miniz/
http://trp.cc/

Last edited by refsiul22; 2016.04.21 at 05:20 PM.
refsiul22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.04.21, 06:38 PM   #2
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Nice! Good idea.

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.04.22, 06:44 AM   #3
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i take it this never materialized?
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.04.23, 12:33 AM   #4
KWT

They show the hardware on the website and also a link to the program.

http://www trpscale com/miniz/produc...er-discharger/

Last edited by mleemor60; 2016.06.10 at 05:19 AM. Reason: link with pricing.
KWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.06.09, 11:54 PM   #5
mikimotor

Just to post the Windows 10 image version.
mikimotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.06.10, 07:22 AM   #6
arch2b

ah, i see PN is selling this here for our market.
Old 2016.06.10, 07:40 AM   #7
briankstan

I just picked one up and have used it for the first time yesterday, I did find a few really bad cells in my sets, I also matched some of the set, time will tell if it helps.

I've always just kept the batteries in the set they came in, but I always did have some that were better than others. Hopefully this will help with knowing what my batteries are doing.
Old 2016.06.10, 07:47 AM   #8
arch2b

please let us know of your findings based on practical results. i've not invested any measure of time in battery management myself and simply take them in or out of my box in any order they are placed. i do cycle them all the week of racing, thats about as far as my preparation goes.
Old 2016.06.11, 06:51 AM   #9
Mike Keely

I always wondered if you matched your cells Brian. I have not done it in years. All my cells are in one big pile in the top of my race box. It is jet skiing weather around here. Most cases I will be out on the water on Saturdays. I guess I will need to start doing a little home work on my cells in the future. I usually only work on my stuff at the track.
Old 2016.06.11, 02:28 PM   #10
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
I just picked one up and have used it for the first time yesterday, I did find a few really bad cells in my sets, I also matched some of the set, time will tell if it helps.

I've always just kept the batteries in the set they came in, but I always did have some that were better than others. Hopefully this will help with knowing what my batteries are doing.
Im pretty much the same....just run them the way they are. But, going to try this...sometime...when i have the time!

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.06.12, 11:07 AM   #11
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Keely View Post
I always wondered if you matched your cells Brian. I have not done it in years. All my cells are in one big pile in the top of my race box. It is jet skiing weather around here. Most cases I will be out on the water on Saturdays. I guess I will need to start doing a little home work on my cells in the future. I usually only work on my stuff at the track.
I'm the same, I just figured I give it a shot, I had a few sets that really felt weak so I figued rather than just trash the whole set like I use to I would give this a go and find those bad batteries and just get rid of them.

I've never matched batteries so we'll see if this helps or not. I'll keep you guys updated on how it works out for me.
Old 2016.06.13, 02:54 AM   #12
mikimotor

rp_manager not only helps in make good or better packs of batteries, also helps a lot to learn how to charge the batteries in order to obtain a better results on race.

As you will see after long use is that some ways to charge the batteries will give better results on the same cell, so I think this is also important to prepare the batteries for race.

Im my case, I realized that for get better results with the same cell, I need discharge to 0.9v, charge (1.2) .
Another important thing is that you need be sure that the discharging/equalizer process must be never under 0.9V, there are some dischargers that can't control this. If you are not sure that if your equalizer is doing that you can download the equalizer app for rp_manager.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrA14bGYgEk
Old 2016.06.13, 07:00 AM   #13
arch2b

not discounting that at all but for the average user, who gets time to change cells before race day and little else, the practical benefit is if it easily and reliably aids in sorting those cells into more efficient packs. i'd love to be able to say i would tailor my practices to best make use of and charge, discharge each cell but realistically, i get a couple days before race day to simply run them through a cycle and back in their box to be topped off before use. at the end of the day, they all go back in their box and wait for the next cycle. If i were competing regionally, nationally, or by some miracle had the opportunity to race more than twice a month i would likely take more time to dedicate to cell management but for most drivers, and i consider myself an average driver, were lucky to remember to cycle the cells before the next race day and tinkering with the cars happens maybe 2-4 days a month. i'm always interested in practical, reliable, and time effecient means to make use of time and materials and if this bit of kit can be easily integrated into a routine that would better make use of what i do have, i'm very interested. i can squeeze in a weekend to sort my cells every couple months, maybe. i have a motor break in stand and bearing cleaner with a nice layer of fine dust suggesting otherwise
Old 2016.06.13, 12:54 PM   #14
mikimotor

I understand you perfectly.

But most of us in Spain we are doing races each week, and as you know we try to go to all important races in Europe and overseas, (USA/HK/JPN/Europe) since 2004.
Last year in Italy we got a nice experience when we saw drivers using different brand cells in same pack and in their cars and.... we got the conclusion with the results that it will be absolutely necessary to select the batteries if we want to win next race :-D
Old 2016.06.13, 01:04 PM   #15
arch2b

in those circumstances, i completely agree i don't know how you guys pull off racing every week... it's an envious thing you do. status of organized racing in the north american market is vastly different than it is just about everywhere else for whatever reason. i can certainly understand and appreciate the level of competition and preparedness required to compete over there.